so·ma·to·blast | \ ˈsōmətəˌblast\
Definition of somatoblast
1a : a cleavage cell of an annelid worm that is the precursor of most of the trunk ectoderm, the nervous system, and the nephridia
b : cleavage cells descended from the primary somatoblast cell of an annelid
2 : the outer layer of cells of the nematogen of a dicyemid mesozoan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?