Definition of soluble starch
: a modified starch that is capable of dissolving in hot water to give a limpid solution and is formed from raw starch especially by relatively mild treatment with acids, by oxidation, or by heating with glycerol — compare amylodextrin
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game