Definition of soluble oil
1 : sulfonated oil
2 : an emulsifiable oil (such as a mineral oil containing a sulfonated oil or a soap as emulsifier) for use in the form of an aqueous emulsion as a cutting fluid, textile lubricant, or carrier for insecticides also : the emulsion formed from such an oil
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game