sol·fe·ri·no | \ ˌsälfəˈrē(ˌ)nō \
Definition of solferino
1 : fuchsine sense 1
2 : a moderate purplish red that is redder, darker, and slightly stronger than average rose, redder and duller than violine pink, redder and paler than magenta rose, and redder and less strong than average fuchsia rose
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game