so·khor | \ (ˈ)sō¦kȯ(ə)r\
Definition of sokhor
: any of several sturdily built burrowing cricetid rodents (genus Myospalax) of China, Manchuria, and southern Siberia that strongly resemble the American pocket gophers but may be distinguished from them by the greatly reduced eye and by absence of the external ear
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?