so·khor | \ (ˈ)sō¦kȯ(ə)r \
Definition of sokhor
: any of several sturdily built burrowing cricetid rodents (genus Myospalax) of China, Manchuria, and southern Siberia that strongly resemble the American pocket gophers but may be distinguished from them by the greatly reduced eye and by absence of the external ear
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game