Definition of sodium sulfite
: a sulfite of sodium: such as
a : the crystalline normal salt Na2SO3 used chiefly as a reducing agent, bleaching agent, and antichlor, in photographic developing and fixing baths, and in preserving foods
c : sodium metabisulfite
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game