so·ci·oc·ra·cy | \ ˌsōs(h)ēˈäkrəsē\
Definition of sociocracy
1 : a theoretical form of government in which society as a whole has sovereign rights
2 : the application of scientifically determined principles promoting the interests of society as a whole
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?