Definition of soapberry
: any of a genus (Sapindus of the family Sapindaceae, the soapberry family) of chiefly tropical woody plants also : the fruit of a soapberry and especially of a tree (S. saponaria) that is saponin-rich and used as a soap substitute
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game