snap out ofphrasal verb
Definition of snap out of
: to stop being in or to cause (someone) to stop being in (an unhappy condition or mood, a daydream, etc.) I don't know how to get her to snap out of her depression. The sound of a door slamming snapped me out of my daydream. Come on, snap out of it! You can't let your breakup get you so depressed.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game