snap out ofphrasal verb
snapped out of; snapping out of; snaps out of
Definition of snap out of
: to stop being in or to cause (someone) to stop being in (an unhappy condition or mood, a daydream, etc.) I don't know how to get her to snap out of her depression. The sound of a door slamming snapped me out of my daydream. Come on, snap out of it! You can't let your breakup get you so depressed.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game