smart·ish | \ ˈsmärtish\
Definition of smartish
1 : somewhat smart : fairly smart a smartish little bar— William Sansom
2 : of considerable importance or significance (as in amount, number, degree, quality) a smartish distance some smartish lambs … fat as snails— A. E. Coppard
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game