variants: or slime sickness
Definition of slime disease
: any of several bacterial diseases of plants marked by slimy rot especially : a destructive disease of tobacco caused by a bacterium (Pseudomonas solanacearum) and usually contracted in the seedbed
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game