Definition of slime body
: one of the discrete bodies of variable form, number, and distinctness that occur in a developing sieve-tube element, fuse prior to disintegration of the nucleus and form a viscous mass in the vacuole of the element, and are demonstrable after killing and fixing as a slime plug
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game