sleep a winkidiom
Definition of sleep a wink
: to sleep for even a very brief time —used in negative statements I didn't/couldn't sleep a wink last night.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game