slack offphrasal verb
slacked off; slacking off; slacks off
Definition of slack off
1 : to do something with less effort or energy than before I was exercising regularly last summer, but I've been slacking off recently.
2 : to become less active, forceful, etc. Their business has been slacking off in recent months.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?