skip outphrasal verb
skipped out; skipping out; skips out
Definition of skip out
: to leave a place quickly in a secret and improper way They skipped out before the check arrived. She skipped out with all the money. —often + on They skipped out on the check.She skipped out on me and took all the money.
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game