skip outphrasal verb
skipped out; skipping out; skips out
Definition of skip out
: to leave a place quickly in a secret and improper way They skipped out before the check arrived. She skipped out with all the money. —often + on They skipped out on the check.She skipped out on me and took all the money.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game