Definition of sixty-third
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 63 in a countable series the sixty-third day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 63 equal parts into which something is divisible a sixty-third share of the money
Definition of sixty-third (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 63 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 63 : one of 63 equal parts of something one sixty-third of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game