sing outphrasal verb
Definition of sing out
1 : to say or shout something loudly If you need any help, just sing out. The children sang out "good morning" to the teacher. The crowd sang out insults.
2 : to sing something loudly The singer stopped and the crowd sang out the rest of the chorus.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game