sing outphrasal verb
sang out or sung out; sung out; singing out; sings out
Definition of sing out
1 : to say or shout something loudly If you need any help, just sing out. The children sang out "good morning" to the teacher. The crowd sang out insults.
2 : to sing something loudly The singer stopped and the crowd sang out the rest of the chorus.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game