: in a sincere or truthful way : with truth, genuineness, or straightforwardness
- I am sincerely sorry for your loss.
- George Clooney, a pleasant man, tries sincerely to give some credibility to Kelvin, and if he doesn't earn our belief, at least he has our sympathy.
- —Stanley Kauffman
—often used as a complimentary close with or without yours
- The room was quiet until a student in the back of the room let out an enormous belch and said, not too sincerely, "Sorry."
- —E. L. Konigsburg
- … Thank you for your attention to this matter. Sincerely, Robert Brown
- … Sincerely yours, John Smith
- … Yours sincerely, Jane Doe