si·na·pis | \ sə̇ˈnāpə̇s\
Definition of sinapis
1 capitalized, in some classifications : a genus comprising cruciferous herbs with a long beak on the tip of the seedpod and being now usually included as a section in the genus Brassica
2 plural -es : mustard
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game