Definition of silvereye
: any of several small Old World singing birds of Zosterops or related genera (such as Z. palpebroso of India or Z. lateralis of Australia and New Zealand) having the eyes encircled by a ring of white feathers
— called also white-eye
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game