Definition of silicon tetrafluoride
: a colorless fuming suffocating gas SiF4 made by the action of fluorine on silicon or of hydrofluoric acid on silica or silicates (such as glass) and used chiefly in making fluosilicic acid and fluosilicates
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game