Definition of silicon tetrafluoride
: a colorless fuming suffocating gas SiF4 made by the action of fluorine on silicon or of hydrofluoric acid on silica or silicates (such as glass) and used chiefly in making fluosilicic acid and fluosilicates
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game