Definition of silicon tetrachloride
: a colorless fuming corrosive liquid SiCl4 made usually by heating silicon or silicon carbide with chlorine and used chiefly for smoke screens and in making chlorosilanes, silicones, and other organic derivatives of silicon
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?