Definition of sile (Entry 2 of 6)
dialectal, chiefly British
: to move especially downward with a flowing or gliding motion the rain siled down
Definition of sile (Entry 5 of 6)
dialectal variant of soil
Definition of sile (Entry 6 of 6)
: spawn or fry of fish (such as herring)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game