sig·il·late | \ ˈsijəˌlāt\
Definition of sigillate
(Entry 1 of 2)
sigil·late | \ ˈsijəˌlāt, sə̇ˈjilə̇t\
variants: or sigillated \ ˈsijəˌlātə̇d \
Definition of sigillate (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : decorated by means of stamped-on patterns or motifs —used especially of ancient Roman ware
2 : having markings like seals sigillate rootstock
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?