show (someone) the dooridiom
Definition of show (someone) the door
: to tell or force (someone) to leave We don't tolerate bad behavior. If you cause trouble, we'll show you the door. If the coach doesn't win this year, they'll show him the door.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?