short and sweetidiom
Definition of short and sweet
: pleasantly brief : not lasting a long time or requiring a lot of time That's the way we like the meetings—short and sweet. I've got a few announcements, but I'll keep it short and sweet.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game