short and sweetidiom
Definition of short and sweet
: pleasantly brief : not lasting a long time or requiring a lot of time That's the way we like the meetings—short and sweet. I've got a few announcements, but I'll keep it short and sweet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game