Definition of shoalgrass
: a submerged herb (Halodule wrightii) of the family Potamogetonaceae that is native to the southeastern coastal U.S., has flat linear leaves and flowers with anthers unequally attached to the filament, and is an important food for wild fowl
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?