Definition of seventy-one
(Entry 1 of 3)
seventy-onepronoun, plural in construction
Definition of seventy-one (Entry 2 of 3)
: 71 countable persons or things not specified but under consideration and being enumerated seventy-one are here seventy-one were found
Definition of seventy-one (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : one and 70
2a : 71 units or objects a total of seventy-one
b : a group or set of 71
3 : the numerable quantity symbolized by the arabic numerals 71
4 : the 71st in a set or series
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?