set (something) on its earidiom
Definition of set (something) on its ear
: to cause something to be in a state of great excitement or shock : cause a sensation She set the racing world on its ear by winning several major races. His early recordings set the jazz world on its ear.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?