set (something) on its earidiom
Definition of set (something) on its ear
: to cause something to be in a state of great excitement or shock : cause a sensation She set the racing world on its ear by winning several major races. His early recordings set the jazz world on its ear.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game