Definition of sesquicarbonate
: a salt (such as Na2CO3·NaHCO3·2H2O) that is neither a simple normal carbonate nor a simple bicarbonate but often a combination of the two
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game