serve the interests ofidiom
Definition of serve the interests of
: to do things to help (someone or something) often when it is not the best or most helpful thing for someone else He argued that government too often serves the interests of big business instead of ordinary people.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game