separate the wheat from the chaffidiom
Definition of separate the wheat from the chaff
: to judge which people or things in a group are bad and which ones are good The magazine describes many different products and then separates the wheat from the chaff.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game