separate outphrasal verb
separated out; separating out; separates out
Definition of separate out
: to remove (someone or something) from a group Before you put out the trash, you have to separate out the bottles and cans. Most schools separate out children with learning problems.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game