semi·coke | \ "+\
Definition of semicoke
: the solid residue obtained by carbonization especially of coal at a relatively low temperature (as below 700° C) that is in general softer and more friable than coke from carbonization at higher temperatures, that gives a hot smokeless fire, and that can be used as a domestic fuel
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game