semi·chorus | \ "+\
Definition of semichorus
: a musical passage to be sung by a selected portion of the voices (as by a few from each part or by either the male or female voices only) in contrast with the full chorus also : the portion of voices or singers that sing such a passage
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game