se·man·ti·cize | \ -ˌsīz\
Definition of semanticize
1 : to give a meaning to
2 : to subject to semantic analysis semanticize this difference between knowledge by poetry and knowledge by abstraction out of existence— Archibald MacLeish
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game