Definition of self-surrender
: the giving up of oneself or one's will to some feeling or influence Recovery requires much less than self-help; it requires self-surrender, to a higher power or cosmic truth or other nondenominational universal force.— Wendy Kaminer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game