Definition of self-referring
1 : referring to oneself or itself The art that Anselm Kiefer practices is not a self-referring art that looks within itself … for its subject matter and for its justification.— John Russell He's annoyingly self-referring, narcissistic.— Bob Wolfley
2 medical : engaging in self-referral a self-referring patient self-referring physician groups
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?