Definition of self-instruction
: the act or process of teaching oneself : instruction of oneself After a year and a half of self-instruction, he began taking lessons from local artists.— Unsie Zuege … learn about other free online services, including … tutorials for self-instruction … and more. — Wicked Local Kingston (Massachusetts)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?