Definition of self-assignment
: the act of assigning something (such as a task) to oneself working on/by self-assignment also : the task or work that is assigned Alexander came to Winged Foot in 1959 to shoot the U.S. Open. It was a self-assignment that resulted in a series of iconic photos … — Mike Dougherty
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game