Definition of sea oats
: a tall grass (Uniola paniculata) that has panicles resembling those of the oat, grows chiefly on the coast of the southern U.S., and is useful as a sand binder also : a related plant (Chasmanthium latifolium synonym U. latifolia) chiefly of the eastern U.S.
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game