Definition of sea oats
: a tall grass (Uniola paniculata) that has panicles resembling those of the oat, grows chiefly on the coast of the southern U.S., and is useful as a sand binder also : a related plant (Chasmanthium latifolium synonym U. latifolia) chiefly of the eastern U.S.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game