Definition of scrub cherry
: a small to medium-sized Australian tree (Syzygium australe synonym Eugenia australe) closely related to the brush cherry that has white flowers and round to oval cherrylike red fruit
— called also brush cherry, lillypilly, rose apple
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game