scream forphrasal verb
screamed for; screaming for; screams for
Definition of scream for
1 : to demand or need (something) People are screaming for news about the virus. These policies just scream out for reform.
2 : to be very suitable or appropriate for (something) Hot summer days like this just scream for ice cream and visits to the pool.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game