schizo·rhinal | \ ¦skizə¦rīnᵊl\
Definition of schizorhinal
: having each of the bones forming the posterior contour of the osseous external nares deeply cleft instead of rounded pigeons, most shore birds, and various other birds are schizorhinal —opposed to holorhinal
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game