Definition of scarring
: the formation or appearance of a scar or of multiple scars on the skin or other bodily tissue after a wound has healed an injury that resulted in a lot of scarring on his leg facial/corneal scarring Overly aggressive facials—especially on people with very sensitive skin or acne—can result in scarring, worsened breakouts and broken capillaries,— Liz Brody The redness, scarring, and hyperpigmentation of deep inflammatory acne lesions frequently lessen in two or three years.— Elizabeth A. Abel et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game