scar·a·boid | \ ˈskarəˌbȯid\
Definition of scaraboid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a gem engraved only on the flat oval base and somewhat rounded on the back but with no imitation of the beetle a Greek scaraboid of the late 6th and 5th centuries b.c.
Definition of scaraboid (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game