variants: or less commonly saxe
Definition of saxe blue
: a grayish blue that is redder and paler than electric, greener and slightly lighter than copenhagen, redder, lighter, and stronger than Gobelin, and greener, lighter, and stronger than old china
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game