sau·toir | \ sōˈtwär, -wȧ(r\
Definition of sautoir
1 : a chain, ribbon, or scarf worn about the neck with the ends forming a St. Andrew's cross in front
2 : a long gold chain often set with precious stones usually with a pendant hanging from it
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?