Definition of sat
(Entry 1 of 4)
past tense and past participle of sit
Definition of sat (Entry 2 of 4)
2 saturated; saturation
Definition of Sat (Entry 3 of 4)
Definition of SAT (Entry 4 of 4)
—used for a standardized test used to evaluate suitability for college admission
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game